Category Archives: Chef Bobs Recipes
Gluten Free Mushroom Pie
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 Gillian’s Foods gluten free pie crust
- 2/3 cup whole milk ricotta
- 12 oz. crimini mushrooms, cut into slices
- 1/2 of a jumbo white onion, cut into thin crescent-shaped slices
- 3 oz gruyere cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese, for grating as a garnish
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- olive oil
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Blind bake the pie crust for approximately 10 minutes until slightly golden brown then remove from oven.
- To a pan, add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Warm over medium heat and once hot, add in the onion slices. Cook until the onions begin to become golden along the edges and caramelize.
- Add the mushroom slices to the pan and cook for another few minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Turn off the heat, drain the excess water, and set aside.
- Once drained, incorporate the onions and mushrooms with the ricotta cheese and add a small pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, as well as the pinch of nutmeg.
- Spoon mixture into the pie shell.
- Top with the shredded gruyere, little bit of parmesan cheese as a slight garnish, and the thyme over all the top of the filling.
- Bake approximately for 20-30 minutes or until internal temp reaches 212℉ .
- Let it rest for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to your serving plate.
Pistachio Stuffed Mushrooms
- 20 med Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. Onion
- 1/3 cup Gillians plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Pistachios
- 2 tbsp. Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Marjoram
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Remove stems from mushroom caps; finely chop stems. Sauté stems and onion in 1/4 c. butter until tender.
- Add G/F Gillians bread crumbs, pistachios, parsley, marjoram and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon stuffing into mushroom caps. Place on baking sheet; drizzle with remaining melted butter. Bake at 350°F., 5 minutes or until hot.
Makes a delicious appetizer for a party!!!! Enjoy!
Recipe of the Month
Guides for Cooking and Baking
Gluten Free Pasta and Pizza
Gluten Free Spaghetti with Pesto Cream
Gluten Free Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
Gluten Free Penne with Prosciutto and Ricotta
Baked Gluten Free Pasta with Sausage & Mushrooms
Rice Pasta Pomodoro with g/f garlic bread
Gluten Free Breads and Cakes
Potato and Vegetables
Chicken with Prosciutto, Rosemary, and White Wine
Grilled Baby Backs with honey mustard and barbecue sauce
Grilled quail with sesame seed dressing
Gluten Free Thanksgiving Turkey Stuffing
Fish and Shellfish
Gluten Free Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Eggs & Lox with scallions on a Gillian’s gluten free onion roll