Chef Bobs Recipes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 Gillian’s Foods gluten free pie crust
- 2/3 cup whole milk ricotta
- 12 oz. crimini mushrooms, cut into slices
- 1/2 of a jumbo white onion, cut into thin crescent-shaped slices
- 3 oz gruyere cheese, shredded
- parmesan cheese, for grating as a garnish
- pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- olive oil
- 1 sprig of thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Blind bake the pie crust for approximately 10 minutes until slightly golden brown then remove from oven.
- To a pan, add about a tablespoon of olive oil. Warm over medium heat and once hot, add in the onion slices. Cook until the onions begin to become golden along the edges and caramelize.
- Add the mushroom slices to the pan and cook for another few minutes until the mushrooms are tender. Turn off the heat, drain the excess water, and set aside.
- Once drained, incorporate the onions and mushrooms with the ricotta cheese and add a small pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper, as well as the pinch of nutmeg.
- Spoon mixture into the pie shell.
- Top with the shredded gruyere, little bit of parmesan cheese as a slight garnish, and the thyme over all the top of the filling.
- Bake approximately for 20-30 minutes or until internal temp reaches 212℉ .
- Let it rest for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to your serving plate.
- 20 med Mushrooms
- 3 tbsp. Onion
- 1/3 cup Gillians plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Pistachios
- 2 tbsp. Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Marjoram
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Remove stems from mushroom caps; finely chop stems. Sauté stems and onion in 1/4 c. butter until tender.
- Add G/F Gillians bread crumbs, pistachios, parsley, marjoram and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon stuffing into mushroom caps. Place on baking sheet; drizzle with remaining melted butter. Bake at 350°F., 5 minutes or until hot.
Makes a delicious appetizer for a party!!!! Enjoy!